Monday, March 3, 2008

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Today I begin again...today I begin the journey again, on a different pathway. Thanking the Lord for the news that I DO NOT have a Pheochromocytoma--I am overjoyed about this! But I do not know what the answer is, and I need to pursue that answer. I am reminded that the Lord meets ALL of my needs, not my potentially PERCEIVED needs. Do I NEED a diagnosis to have joy? No, I don't. Do I NEED a diagnosis to move forward ? No, I definitely don't. Is it difficult NOT knowing? YES! an absolute yes. But today I know more than I did last week...I know what I DON'T have. I need to go forward today and make some appointments, and I need to make them with confidence. I am so thankful to have had 3 better days IN A ROW, which have allowed me to go to a women's ministry meeting Friday night, as well as church AND home fellowship group yesterday! It has been weeks and weeks since I could manage all that. I do NOT know what has made the difference in the dizziness and faintness, and I do not know what today brings, but I am encouraged to move foreard and make the necessary appointments that I need to make. Praying for doctor's wisdom. Praying for relief from the pain in my side. Praying for continued strength to deal with the symptoms. Praising the Lord for my new mattress that I fondly refer to as the "Miracle mattress"...I am nearly sleeping through the night since it arrived Thursday! Praising the Lord for my church family, that has been a constant support and encouragement to me and my family every single day.

Craig heads to Colorado this Friday for business, and is taking Mikey along with him. This is a wonderful opportunity for Michael and Craig to have some quality alone time, and actually is a dream come true for Mike. As happy as I am for them to have this chance, having Craig be far away is a bit unnerving to me at this time. As I thought about how hesitant I am about Craig being away right now, I had a picture of a sparrow flash in my mind--God cares about these tiny helpless creatures. HE cares about them, and He takes pleasure in them. He pays attention to each one. He knows THEIR condition, and He cares. How much more does He care for ME, His own child? How much more, as He counts every hair on my head..as He knows my every anxious thought and holds my tears in a jar. He is exceedingly able to carry my burdens, and to carry ME! I praise Him for that. I thank Him for His tender care, and for His protection. I thank Him for the tiny sparrow, whose cheerful chirps cry out their praise to the Creator! How much MORE should my praise be heard !!

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father… So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Matthew 10:29-31)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.



0 comments: