Monday, April 14, 2008

PRAISE!!!


Alan, Carrie, and little Blake
*Hi everyone--Just wanted to share the praise regarding my sister-law Carrie. She had her double mastectomy on Friday, and came home yesterday (Sunday)! So far, the report is that the lymph nodes were clear. The biopsy from the breasts has not come back yet. We know it is cancer, but we don't know the spread within them etc. Her pain level is a 7 on the scale of 1-10. It only hit a 10 on the drive home from the hospital--she said it feels like an elephant is on her chest, but even with that, she says it with a smile! For now, she will begin saline injections into the area to prepare her chest for the implants, which will come in about 3 months. Not sure how all that works, but she is good with ALL of it! So we are praising God for His mercy, and such tender care.

*I start physical therapy for *possible* cervical vertigo, tomorrow. The ear nose and throat doctor thinks that the dizziness may stem from this. I am thrilled to have a potential diagnosis for the faint/dizzy situation! Still waiting for the results of the MRI of my abdomen. God is good, every single day...

Psalm 28:6,7

Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.

7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.