Monday, April 21, 2008

In the midst...

The trees are in full bloom! The air is heavy with the scent of flowers and grass...I planted some pansies, purple and yellow...so beautiful!
My heart is heavy as a new friend is on her way out of this world, this world that is just waking up after a long winter. She has battled like a warrior, brave and strong and committed. She is surrounded by her family...and I pray that in this most difficult 0f times that she can find true peace.
My friend JoAnn sent me a card the other day that really touched my heart--it is entitled

"In the Midst"

When we are going through tough times in our lives,
Jesus doesn't stand on the outside of our difficulties and cheer us on.
Jesus is in the center.
He is the God who is in the midst of each thing we walk through in life.
He is there to speak to us,
to calm the storm,
to assure us of victory,
and to walk with us into a new day--Roy Lessin



0 comments: